Family Pix

Family Pix

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Julie and Julia

So the other night Ben and I watched the movie Julie and Julia. It was so great and it has inspired me to start my own "Julie and Julia" Project.

I have decided that I am going to go through the Betty Crocker Cook Book that Katie (my sis-in-law) gave to me and make everything in it! I don't really have a time frame but I thought it would be fun to try some new things to our dinner time.

Right now, I make the same old stuff that is some of Ben and my favorites, such as lasgna, homemade spaghettie sauce, meatloaf, garlic chicken, shepherds pie, tacos, and more.

Its time to make a change and try to make something new. I really enjoy cooking and now that I have more time to do dinner now that I am home with Addy, I thought it might be fun to try something new, be adventurous.

So tonights menu is Oven-fried Chicken and Au Gratin Potatoes. Now remember this all made from scratch. Its cooking and will be ready when Ben gets home. Wish us luck or should I say wish Ben luck on trying all the new stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea!!! I think we should all be so inspired to make beautiful homemade meals! I can't wait to hear how this is going in about 6 weeks;) Love it Katie. Keep it up and don't give up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun!! You'll have to let me know if you come across any particularly awesome meals!

    ReplyDelete