Family Pix

Family Pix

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Letter From Your Mama

Dearest Addison Rose,

WOW! I can't believe it has been four years since your daddy and I held you for the first time. That was one of the best days of my life, next to marrying your daddy. You were a stubborn little girl that day and didn't want to come out. But eventually through an emergency C-section, (your daddy was video taping) you were born on St. Patrick's Day. My favorite part of that night was you being placed in your daddy's arms first and him carrying you over to me. I didn't get to hold you because it was a surgical room but getting to see your daddy's face holding his little girl was one of the best moments of my life. I was a mama, your mama. A moment I will never forget. We were blessed to have some special people to visit you the night you were born: Grandpa and Grandma , Nana, Great Grandpa Ken and Great Grandma Betty and my cousin Emily. Papa was also there via phone communicating through Grandpa what we should do since you weren't coming out. :) Such a blessing it was to have those people there that night.

Addison, you are such a special girl. I don't know if you know this but you are God's example of a miracle to your daddy and I. Despite all odds and many issues, God blessed us with you. From the moment were born until now you have blessed our world. I think back to your first few months of life and they were tough. But I wouldn't trade a day of staying up all night. I remember reading scripture with you while you were awake at many times of the night. God was such a comfort. I also remember driving you around at 2am in the rain listening to rap music (Yes, don't judge (lol) this is the only thing she feel asleep to...haha).

Each day, you have been such a joy to us. This year more than ever I have seen God work through you to be an example of His goodness and faithfulness. This has been a tough year for your mama and daddy. Firstly, as you know your wonderful Papa went to be with Jesus. We miss him so dearly and I know you miss him too. Just the other day you said to me in the car..."Did Papa die?" I said yes. You proceeded to say, "That is so sad,(she started to just ball her eyes out) I was hoping when I get to Nana's that I would see him again, he is my best buddy." Broke your mama's heart to hear this but I know you had a special bond with him and I am so glad that you love so much. He will always be apart of you. Your daddy is a walking example of him each day. We will always talk about him with you because of the example he was to us.

Your mama and daddy also went through a hard time of trying to conceive a brother or sister for you. It was a trying few years of doctors appointments, treatments and surgeries. However, God has different plans for us. Through this experience we have been told by numerous doctors that you are a true MIRACLE. Yes, you little Addy Paddy are our miracle. God has showed me, He is control and His ways are good and best. Your mama and daddy might not be able to give you a sibling but God has given us the best gift of all...which is you. We continue to trust God has the best plan for our family. And you, do sort of have a brother that you adore...your Wrigley.

Although times have been tough this year, God is faithful and He is always working to bring Glory to His name. God showed me numerous times through you just how good. One night after having one of my surgeries as I put you to bed, you laid your hands over me and prayed to heal me. I was in such amazement that my little 3 year old knew just what to do. Daddy and I are so proud you are learning to know who Jesus is and know his Word. One more example of a time Jesus really spoke to me through you: We were driving to my doctor appointment and I was dropping you off at Grandma's. I was very nervous about this appointment. We were listening to "Let it Go" in the car when all of the sudden you said to me, "Mom, Jesus is sitting next to you." Astonished, I said what? You continued, "He is next to you, so you don't have to be afraid, he will always protect you." (I am telling you people, this girl makes me cry in amazement all the time). It was exactly what I needed to hear and just at the right time.

We are so proud of the little girl you have become and are growing into. You are full of joy, passion, energy, and you are always up for a good game of tag, or knocking daddy over. But the thing I love most about you is your heart of compassion for others and your love/knowledge of Jesus. As you said to me after BSF on Wednesday, "Mom, I don't pretend to love Jesus like the Sadducee's, I really love him." The love you have is just so amazing. One of my favorite things that you do is that no matter where you or I are in the house, you shout "I love you" to me through out the day. Each day you get so excited for your daddy to come home and you ask numerous times is he here yet. As of late you say, I miss him constantly :)

Addison, I could go on with stories of how you have blessed your daddy and my life but it would take all day.

Addy Paddy, we don't care how good you are at sports (of course if you play basketball, I'm sure your daddy would be happy), we don't care if you are the top of your class in academics. The most important thing to us is that you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. What a joyous day that will be. 3 John 1:4 I  have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

As your Papa and Nana have always said "Only one life will soon be past...Only what's done for Christ will last."

A verse that Grandpa and Grandma taught me as a young kid that I impress on you and something I strive to do each day is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."


So on your 4th Birthday my greatest desire for you is to let your treasure always be Christ. Your grandparents have laid down an amazing foundation for our family. Your daddy and I will do our best to guide you and lead you to HIM!!!!

Addison Rose, you are a blessing, our miracle, you are a treasure that God has entrusted to your daddy and I. We love you more than anything.

Happy Birthday Sweet Addy Paddy! I love you beyond words!

Your Mama












1 comment:

  1. Oh, that was a precious, special day 4 years ago. Thank you for letting us be part of that and part of Addy's life. She is a special little girl. We love listening to her talk - she comes up with the most amazing things.
    Katie and Ben - Addy is so blessed to have you as parents. Keep loving on her and enjoying her.
    Happy Birthday, Addy!

    Love,
    Grandma (& Grandpa too)

    ReplyDelete