Family Pix

Family Pix

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thankful

It is so easy in life to forget to all of the things in life we are thankful for when we are going through hardships...At least that's how I have felt the past few months...I keep forgetting how blessed I truly am.

When you take the focus off of Christ its easy to forget the simple things in life. So I just want to share a few things in the past few weeks I am thankful for....

  • A husband that gets up for work each day to provide for our family
  • A daughter who can talk my ear off--(maybe even when it seems you have heard "Whats that?" 500 times a day)
  • More time in God's word
  • For my parents--all 4 of them---Thankful for godly examples of marriage and parenting
  • For my 2 sis-in-laws, for their friendship, listening ears and great conversations about motherhood
  • For my brother and bro-in-law, for their kind hearts and giving spirits
  • For my 2 nieces and 2 nephews--such a blessing they are
  • For a nice walk with my Aunt Shirley and Cuz Emily
  • For my dad putting up hooks in our laundry room
  • For my mom cleaning our house, watching our dogs and babysitting Addy
  • For great biblical conversations with my mom-in-law---She knows SO much about the bible its incredible
  • An example of courage, faith and strength as I watch my father-in-law battle Cancer and a bad back
  • At 6am as my little girl says from her room-"Mommy come get me"
  • Watching my girl run to the door when daddy is home from work
  • Swinging on the swing at the park and looking into the beautiful sky
  • For friends who encourage and build up
  • God's Mercy and Grace
  • To be home with my daughter each day
  • My husband's loyalty, respect and friendship
  • Redemption
  • Washer and Dryer
  • A home to rest in each night
  • Trials---to bring us closer to Christ
  • My church/church family
  • Our family trip
  • How God always provides
  • My husband's ability to ALWAYS make me laugh
It's amazing what one week can do when you shift your focus to where it is suppose to be. I am so thankful that each morning there are new mercies and we can begin all over again.

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:15-17

1 comment:

  1. Such a great thing--to be THANKFUL--and yet so hard at times! :) You are beautiful Katie...inside and out!

    ReplyDelete