Family Pix

Family Pix

Monday, April 18, 2011

Attitude

So lately, I have been coming to my blog and I will get one sentence in and I just can't write anymore. Ive even asked Ben for ideas/topics to write about and I just can't seem to come up with anything.

The past couples weeks has been a little emotionally draining for me as my former employer decided to appeal my unemployment. It was frustrating because I had worked very hard for him and had always been upright and honest with him. So last week I had to participate in a hearing with a judge so he could determine whether or not I should get unemployment benefits. I did find out later last week that the judge did approve and find in my favor. Which was a huge praise!

So as I indicated this was a stressful situation for me but for some reason I had the hardest time giving it up to God. I kept letting the negative thoughts and worries creep in. I didn't sleep well for 2 weeks until the hearing was over last week. Ben was a HUGE encouragement to me as I struggled through these negative thoughts and I think it was just hard to deal with someone lying about me.

So even though the judge ruled in my favor, I learned that I need to have more faith in God. I watch my husband daily put his faith in Jesus. He does it in a quiet manner by showing through his actions and not words. I have always admired Ben for his huge faith. Whenever something is wrong he gives it to God and that is it. Ben doesn't expect everything to be answered the way he wants it to be but he knows that no matter what, God answers us. Ben has always said "Katie, God will always take care of us." That faith is so amazing to me.

I have been diligently trying to follow in the footsteps of Ben as some other things that have come up and have tried to really focus on what God wants for me and giving him everything. Man, when I give it up, the burden sure is released. Of course, a couple wonderful talks with my hubby helped too.

I've been struggling with my attitude and I tend to be more negative then positive. During this time of year it really makes you think about your attitude and what you do for others.

I want to mirror what Christ has done for us and I can't do that if I am being negative or having negative thoughts. I think about what Christ did for us many years ago this week. He DIED on the cross for us... He did the most self-less act the world has ever seen.

I am really going to try to start watching my attitude and start having more faith in Christ. Because without him, I am nothing.

I am blessed to have a husband that daily shows me what it is like to give my worries and cares to God. I thank Ben for all his support, protection and love that he so generously gives.

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

Philippians 2:5-8
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna read this blog and then post on it but I knew God would post for me. lol

    *Looks like God took the liberty of posting for me.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I LOVE this post! This is exactly what I needed to hear going into this week! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete