Family Pix

Family Pix

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tribute Tuesday






So I decided to come up with a day that I give tribute to a person that means a lot to me in my life. Of course, I will have to start off with the number one man in my life.

Ben and I started dating 11 years ago this August. We met and began our relationship at Meadow Creek Christian our senior year of high school. Ben and I had a lot of fun that year getting to know each other and watching each other play basketball. As most of you know, Ben was WAY better at basketball as he ended up with a Division 1 Scholarship to Prairie View A&M.

So as college came near, Ben would be going to Texas and I would be staying in Minnesota going to Northwestern College. The long distance relationship was tough but we were determined to make it. Over Fall break I went down to Texas with Ben's dad to see Ben and spend a few days in his world of basketball.

Later that month Ben ended up injuring his ankle which ended his basketball career. It was a very sad time for Ben as he left his dream to come back home and was literally laid up for months before he could go back to college. Since he came home Ben decided after resting for some months that he would go to Northwestern College with me! Much to my delight of course, I was excited for him to be there.

In 2003 I graduated from Northwestern and then in 2005 Ben graduated from Northwestern. Ben asked me to marry him September 2004 in my driveway at my parents house where we had our first kiss. Then he took me to a wonderful steak dinner at Murray's. Ben and I decided that we would wait for college to be over before we got married at the advice of our parents. Which was VERY good advice.

Ben and I were then married June 17,2005 which was a month after Ben graduated. Yep, we didn't wait long! We had a beautiful wedding and reception at Edinburgh Golf Course thanks to my parents and a wonderful grooms dinner at Northland Inn and beautiful video that Ben's parents provided. It was the best any two kids could ask for.

Today, as I write Ben and I have been married for 5 years and we have a beautiful little angel named Addison Rose. Ben is such an amazing man and I am so grateful to be married to him.

He is a kind, caring, passionate, loyal, respectful, protecting, loving, and wonderful husband, friend and father. The list could go on and on of all I love about my husband. He really is my best friend. When I am having a horrible day, only he can make me smile and make things better. He was so wonderful during my pregnancy and birth of Addison as I had a pretty rough pregnancy and birth healing process. He always helped, always stood by my side even though he was working full time.

I am so thankful that my husband has allowed me to stay home with our little girl. He is the provider, the supporter and he works so very hard for us. Addy and I are so appreciative of all he does for us. I am a better mom because of him.

Thank you sweetie for all you do for our family. For being the great husband, friend and dad that you are.

I love you Infinity and Beyond!

2 comments:

  1. :-]
    Thanks sweetie. You are a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! You definitely have a keeper there. :)

    ReplyDelete