Family Pix

Family Pix

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Difference

Many of you have probably heard of this poem before but this morning it really drove near to my heart...It was a poem I saw in my home growing up.

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn’t have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me,
And heavier came each task.
“Why doesn’t God help me?” I wondered.
He answered, “You didn’t ask.”
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn’t show me.
He said, “You didn’t seek.”
I tried to come into God’s presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
“My child, you didn’t knock.”
I woke up early this morning,
And paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray.
Anonymous



This morning I decided to get up early; wash my face, get dressed and dive into the Word. It has taken me almost 30 years to decide to make this a priority each morning. But I remember growing up watching my dad each day go downstairs and spend each morning with our Savior. I remember yelling down the laundry chute and asking what he was doing but I always knew.

So today, I decided to follow in his footsteps and begin the day with my heavenly father. Oh and what a joy it was to be in His presence today. As I draw near next week to turning 30, I pray that the Lord will richly bless my walk with him this year. I'm excited to turn 30 and get to experience all of life's blessings.

I'm thankful today that I have parents that were truly an example of what Christ should look like. I only pray that my daughter grows up to see a mommy like I saw my parents.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, what a beautiful realization!!! I too, realized that i saw my Mom in th word every morning and had to make an intentional choice to do that myself, to pattern my life after her as i know my kids will be watching me....You are amazing Katie, and i LOVE watching you grow!!

    ReplyDelete